Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One Year Ago Today...


One year ago today I received the worst phone call of my life. One of my best friends had a brain aneurysm. My friend Danielle was the ONLY friend I had that TRULY understood what I was going through with the diabetes. Her son Hayden is 3 weeks younger than Nicholas and was diagnosed a month before Nicholas. We became great friends right away. We had so much in common and helped each other with everything. We were only a phone call away from each other and talked several times a day. We would always talk about when the boys got bigger they could have sleep overs and we wouldn't even have to worry. We were so much alike. I miss her so much. I think about her everyday and still go to reach for the phone some days to call her. She was a WONDERFUL mother, wife and friend. I know she is looking over all of us and watching out for us! As I am writing this the tears are rolling down my cheeks. I remember going to the ICU to say goodbye, she was already gone but it looked like she was still breathing because they were donated her organs so she was still hooked up to the machines. I sat at her bedside held her hand and thanked her for being her. I told her how grateful I was to have had her as my friend and in my life. I told her I would help out with Hayden however I could and that I would see her again someday. I miss her so much! Sorry for the sad post today...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krista- I saw you as a follower to my blog for my Betsey.... I am so sorry to read this post. I am sorry about your friend--what a devastating, quick ending to your friendship. That is terribly sad. :(

    Your boy is a little munchie!! You guys have been havign some crazy numbers, huh? Doncha hate that?? Is he on the pump? He's a young'un, too.... You have your work cut out for you... Keep up the good work!

    You can always email me for support!

    Best-
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete